Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Placemat Bag

I've been going over some pictures of projects I've done over the last several years and came across this bag which was inspired by a magazine article a friend gave me.  Since this bag was made several years ago, before I ever had any intention of starting a blog, I don't have a tutorial but if you like to figure things out and you just need an idea to get started, here it is!

This bag was made using three placemats (super cheap - maybe $1-2/placemat) and some "handle material"(sorry, I don't know what it's called) I picked up at a local craft store.


I used a brown placemat for the bottom, and two blue placemats for the top. The placemats are very durable but they can get bulky, so if you don't need such a sturdy bag, you could use some cloth napkins to make a similar bag. The nice thing about using pre-cut, pre-hemmed things like placemats and napkins is that you spend a lot less time sewing seams and cutting fabric.  

Hope you are "pinspired" today!

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment