Monday, June 4, 2012

Makeover Monday: A Jeweled-up Onesie

I buy all my older daughter's clothes second hand from a woman I met at a yard sale who has fabulous taste and has a very stylish daughter who is a year older than mine.  This summer, one of her "new" outfits came with an adorable Gap tank covered in printed-on necklaces.  It is my favorite of her summer shirts. 

I've seen many little onsies out there for boys with bow ties and regular ties and wondered what their girly counterpart might be.  When I saw my daughter's new tank top, I knew I wanted to make a similar onsie for my baby girl.  So, I went to Target, bought a pack of fabric markers ($5) which can be used for several projects and started drawing on one of her many plain white onsies.  Here's the finished product.  Not as spectacular as I would like it to look but she's received many compliments, so I guess it can't be that bad :)  I might try another one in a bigger size and see if I can do better next time. 

Without further ado, the Jeweled-up Onsie:


And, here they are in their matching outfits.  My older daughter loves to be "twins!"



Getting Fancy,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment